Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Higher Education!

So the intention was there! I paid my $20 for my practice test but for the first time last night I sat down, set my timer for two hours and sat my practice STAT test! Amazingly I got 59 out of 70... At first I was extremely disappointed at getting 11 wrong but once I converted my potential score and realized that it would be well above the tertiary entry level I needed to get into my uni courses I was stoked.
I also decided to take into consideration that I sat my home test between midnight and 2am so thats got to count for something right!?

So now all that is left to do is book the test and take it... phew! Not that I am going to get my hopes up because a multiple question test that they send to your home could be completely different to the actual test I take in the exam, and then there is the essay questions! Mmm that makes me nervous!

It has been so long since I wrote a formal essay to be graded. The STAT test require two essays to be written in an hour, one formal and one less formal but the sample questions I have seem freak me out! They are things like 'It is a basic human right that people should be able to choose what they want to read, view and think, and censorship infringes this basic human right.' --- This is one of the sample 'formal questions and sure I have my opinions on the subject but that is if I had time to think about it and write bout it, not have it thrown at me and have to write about it in half an hour!

In reality all the literature on the test say that the essay scores are relatively lenient as they look more at the quality of the argument and the flow of the writing but by jeebas it's nerve racking! :)

Then there is the other decision... my dream has always been to be a history/social sciences teacher in secondary education ( I know, sooo geeky!) but to do that would require at least two university courses which in the long run may end up expensive depending on how the HECS stands up against the husbands 'earnings'. So for the last few years I have settled with the idea of doing primary education, just so long as it's at least years 5 - 7, but now that the time of the decision is getting closer I am just not sure.

Oh well, I guess I will make the choice when the time comes... Sometime I wonder why I continue doing all of this but I guess it will be worth it in the end!

Laters :)

No comments:

Post a Comment