Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

So Random...

I am very happy with myself right now.
Over the last two days I have managed to write around 2000 words! Finally the first real draft of Fall of Light is almost complete! I am hoping to submit it to Crit very soon... How exciting :)

I have decided to skip the prologue for the time being. I might come back to it at some point, but I suppose that all depends on how everything pans out. I think my attachment to the prologue stems from the fact that it was the first idea I had for FOL. But I bet almost every novel ends quite differently to how it was first envisioned.

I have also decided that one of my key antagonists is going to flip... Bwa ha ha ha :)
When one of my evil characters sees the error of their ways they will turn to the side of good... He/she may/may not have a romantic relationship with one of the key protagonists, and then he/she may/may not die!

I am choosing to not give too much detail, as I have yet to decide myself lol.
You see, I had already envisioned said protagonist with a different character when I came up with this bad to good deal. Soooo.... I am seriously thinking that I may let the romance between the good and the reformed happen, and then kill him/her off. So that my original unrequited loves can be together at last :)

Thinking of all of this I am reminded of one of my key problems! (other than my grammar lol)
I can't seem to find a home for magic on the protagonist side! And I am worried that in the final battle good may be out-battled by evil.
I just can't seem to think of a good reason that anyone on the good side would have magic with out it seeming boring or cliche! But I can't get rid of the magic either.

I have yet to name my magic* so for now I will call use algebra lol.
Magic A is the 'Good' and Magic X is the 'Bad"...

Magic A is used by expanding on elements that already exist around the user.
Magic X is used by creating something completely new, something unnatural.

Using Magic A is great, using magic X is dangerous.
Magic A takes nothing. Magic X can slowly drive you mad, as it takes your very life and turns it to how it wants it.

This is what happened to Dhaharakan! He started out ambitious, but after a while he turned mad! Each time he used Magic X a small part of him was made evil, until he was all evil!

***** If anyone has any suggestions for names of Eiliennia magic please let me know...I am looking for a name that is respective to the magic. No light or dark, or god or evil! Cheers!

_____________________________________________________________________









1 comment: