Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

All In The Mind!

Again it has taken me a while to get back here and I am eagerly anticipating my husband return on friday (2 nights away) so I can get a nice quiet week to get some work done. I am going to try write my outlines in separate posts under the lable Fall of Light for any one who is interested and if anyone has anything they want me to read let me know:)

So much of my writing is still in my mind and it's starting to get really exciting how things seem to just be opening up the further along I get. It is also kind of scary how many potential forks in the story are appearing.
Fall of light began with the world map, I still don't know how it started. What has surprised me is that my whole story evolved from that very first scene that I wrote with Dean witnessing the attack on his family. It was from this one chapter about a boy who I named after my son that whole world of history and people was created.
So I ask you to keep an open mind as I write my outline as I have still to decide on the directions some of my characters are to take. I would compare it to getting to know a friend, at first you don't know all that much about them so you can't really say what they think or will do. It's only after you learn more about their personality, their likes and dislikes, beliefs and ethics that you can make some kind of decision as to what they might do in a particular situation.
So bear with me as even I am not sure how it is all going to pan out as I have come to realise that I am only writing part of the story, the rest is writing itself.
Also if some of it doesn't seem to make sense or something let me know, it could be because I have made a major mistake or it could be just because I get most of my writing done late at night and I am a little fuddled :)

1 comment:

  1. Aundes Aura began the same way, although in my case it was a one-second moment where Saera touches a stalagmite and absorbs the Aura. This moment is not in the main story, but in the prologue which I have on my stories page if you're interested. I'll probably get rid of the prologue later, but for now I need that scene there. It was the root of the whole story, so it would be weird if that scene wasn't in there. For now.

    ReplyDelete